Welcome to the shiny, new website for Karen Morrissey Paint Research. It’s been a long time coming; over two-and-a-half years in the making!
I have been busy working on many wonderful projects since becoming an independent consultant in 2012. I will be posting more information about some of the interesting, beautiful and quirky places as time goes on.
I hope that you will find the information about our services useful; if you have a question about paint research, I’d love to hear from you.
Benefits of undertaking a considered and well planned campaign of architectural paint research include:
- By providing clarity at the beginning of a project, architectural paint research can allow planning and budgeting of conservation and restoration work
- Identification of technical issues with paint, such as latent incompatibility, performance and toxicity
- Contribution to long-term conservation management plan
- Underpinning options for conservation/ restoration
Enriching the interpretation of your site
- Enhancement of the recorded archaeology of a site
- Establishment of the chronology of decorative schemes
- Creation of a narrative of changes to the structure and related decorative schemes
- Evaluation of how changing fashion, economy and use of a heritage asset has impacted on the choice, quality and condition of decoration
- Interpretation of the significance of the schemes identified
- Dating of both paint schemes and architectural changes